Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, September 05, 2018

just another project

Good morning.
Got back from my morning walk, and went right into a project I've been working on for several days now.
I periodically check our drip system maybe once a month, to make sure all the dripper heads are functioning.  Occasionally a head will quit working for whatever reason and will need to be replaced.
Well, my last check several days ago turned up a couple of bushes in the front yard that weren't hardly getting any water, so upon checking the rest of the plants in the front yard, I discovered a small puddle among some rock. If this post sounds familiar, last spring I had almost the same problem, but in a different spot. Well sure enough, as I pulled away the stones and dirt, water came bubbling up from below.
Well, long story short, I had another root growing between the main line and several feeder lines as you can see in the pic below.....

So, as the root grows and gets fatter, it puts pressure on the feeder line until it is pulled off.
So I had to cut out the root, and reattach the feeder line. And even though I blew out the line with water before I reattached it, I still had 2 bushes and a plant that weren't getting any water....So...I had to run new drip lines to them.

The new feeder lines are on the left of the original ones.
And the yard put back together. I think they ran the main line and feeder lines too close to the tree. But builders do whatever they can to do things cheaper and easier. The leak last spring was about 2 feet to the right of this one.
In other news.......
We picked out excursions we thought we'd like to do on our next cruise. Getting together with the neighbors that are going with us to see if any of our choices match up.
And we went to the Salted Lime again yesterday for Taco Tuesday with some different neighbors. They just returned from a coastal train trip from LA to Seattle and back. Sounds like a nice trip we might want to do sometime.
I think today is haircut time and I'm also going to bake a cherry pie from the cherries I bought before our road trip.
That's it for now...

2 comments:

  1. Hope thst solves your water problem for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it does too!
      That's 2 leaks this year.

      Delete