Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Friday, September 07, 2018

ummm pie!

Good morning.
I've returned from my walk, cleaned the kitchen, and now I thought I'd do a post.
Here's the cherry pie I made Wed.
I had nearly too many cherries, but made them fit.   :-)
I make a crumb topping for my pies. It saves some calories over using 2 pastry crusts. Made it with fresh cherries that I bought for $.99 lb and froze, back before our road trip. It turned out pretty good!
And now with my medicare and supplemental insurance starting Oct. 1st. I went online and cancelled my Obama care policy. Got our new car insurance ready to start new the end of the month, along with canceling our Sirius radio subscription. We enjoyed having listening options on our road trip, but seldom listen to the radio around town. Plus, they give you really cheap prices when you want to start service, but not so great to continue. If we drive back again next year, I'll just sign up again for 6 months.
Here's a pic of the golf course in the middle of over seeding for winter. The course is closed for 2 weeks.
They thatch the center of the fairways, overseed with an annual rye I think, and water for 2 weeks to get the new grass growing. Apparently, they coordinate this with other area courses so golfers still have someplace to play. The outside areas of the fairway will go dormant as it gets colder.
Well today is haircut day again. Nice we can get it done here instead of having to go some place.   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment