Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Saturday, September 15, 2018

pizza, puzzles, and coyotes

Good afternoon.
We've just returned from lunch at the 3100 Grill. That's the little restaurant connected to the golf course in our community.  Good food for such a limited menu. We usually split an Avocado BLT with fries on Sourdough bread. Really good fries! We seem to eat there about once a month.
And here's a pic of the puzzle I started.....
We bought several puzzles at the dollar store. These are 1000 piece puzzles, and even though the pieces are shrunken compared to regular puzzles, they were only $1 each! And being smaller means they take up less room on the table!
But the tiny pieces also make it more of a challenge! I haven't done a puzzle in quite a few years and forgot how much I enjoy them.
Then we have a couple of pics from my morning walk yesterday....

Geese and ducks on the pond in our golf course. They sleep there to avoid the coyotes.
I also made a breakfast pizza! Saw the recipe in a magazine and tried it.

I used a frying pan instead of a pan in the oven. It has a bag of shredded hash brown that you mix with 2 eggs and seasonings, form it into a pizza shape in a pan. Cook and brown until golden then top with shredded cheese, break 4 eggs over the top, sprinkle your meat, we used crumbled turkey sausage, the heat until eggs are cooked, and serve. It was really good!
And speaking of coyotes, I saw 4 this morning on my walk.
It's not a very good pic as I was a ways down the street, but they were crossing the street using the golf cart trail up by the community center. So I've seen 7 coyotes in 2 days! Way more than I'd seen the entire first 2 years we've been here. Rumor has it 3 of them have taken up residence in a culvert on the edge of one of the greens. That's about where I saw the 3 of them early yesterday.
And I believe I've also noticed a substantial drop in the number of rabbits I see every morning.
So coyotes are good!
I think that's about it for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment