Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Thursday, September 20, 2018

puzzles and pie

Good afternoon.
The weather here in Vegas is getting nicer! Highs in the mid 90's and lows in the mid 70's. It's been so cool in the morning when I walk, I'm almost ready to layer.   :-)
I've seen a total of 8 coyotes over the last week. That is a lot! Considering I'd seen a total of maybe 3 the first 2 years we lived here. I think the explosion of rabbits have brought some down from the mountain and taken up residence. Maybe in one of the many culverts that run along the golf course and under our roads.
I'm fine with that. The rabbits eat everything they can find. The fewer the better.    :-)
Here's a few more puzzles I picked up for just $1 each....
I decided to do the middle one this week. Started it on Monday.
Progress on Tuesday.....
And Wednesday.....
And I finished it last night during the America's Got Talent Final.
And speaking of AMT, it sure was a good season this year. Some of the best talent I'd seen in a long time. I especially liked the winner. The guy who did the magic card tricks. He was unbelievable!
And here's a pic of my latest apple pie.....
Got just a little overdone on top, but still very tasty!
And as I do with all my pies, I use a crumb topping to cut the calories a little.
And I started a new puzzle today.
It's just a 500 piece. I don't usually do them this small, but thought it might be a nice change, and I liked the picture.
Also, we had to find a new doctor.......again!
Got an e-mail saying the practice had reassigned our doctor to just patients with Humana and United Health Care insurance. Since our primary insurance is now Medicare, he was no longer seeing those patients. What a bunch of crap! But that seems to be the way health care is evolving. So, I had to go online and find a doctor in the same group who was taking new patients. And I did. So got our January appointments rescheduled for him. Obviously, the biggest issue with changing is going through all the medical history again. Oh well, we'll survive.
Well, still loving life in the desert! It's been 2 years retired now. No regrets so far.   :-)

1 comment:

  1. Puzzles and pie all look great!
    coyotes, foxes, coons and such all adapt well to getting food from human habitation.
    Of course catching fat rabbits is a plus. :)

    ReplyDelete