Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, April 29, 2019

lovin it!

Good morning.
The weather here has been near perfect! Sunny and warm.    :-)
I finally had a calm morning and blew out all the leaves from the stones in the front yard.....

Filled a large lawn trash bag. It never really looks that bad until you do it and see all the leaves. I should be good for about 6 months now.
Here's a pic of my fingerling cactus in bloom....
It has such intense orange flowers!
And surprisingly, my pansies are still going strong in this heat.
I can see, my geranium won't last through the summer. After our little early heat wave last week when temps hit 98 one day, a couple days later, most of the flowers on the geranium were black and wilted. The plant itself looks fine, but apparently, the flowers can't take the heat.
Well, then it'll be time to take it out and put in Vinca. They did really good last summer.
And yesterday,we went downtown to Fremont Street for a little people watching fix.....

The shirtless men in the fatigues were posing for pics with the tourists. They were making pretty good money while we sat at a bar across the street.
There was a band playing next to the patio we were sitting in. We even got my White Castle burger fix!
You certainly see all kinds of people. We met a couple from Spokane, Washington and one couple from Pennsylvania.
Back at home....
Here's a pic I took om one of my morning walks....
I believe it's a type of Century plant. This flower stalk must be about 12-15 ft tall! They live for years without blooming, then they finally bloom, and the entire plant dies. You can see the leaves wilting at the base of the stalk. There were hundreds of honeybees on it.
Also, the latest puzzle I worked on....
 I also sprayed for weeds at a neighbor's yard, and watered and fed their new palm tree while they are gone.
So, keeping busy enough for me.   :-)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good busy for being retired.
    Mom wondered if you were going to call and finish your conversation today...
    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete