Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I'm in good shape


Actually I am, but I was talking about the yard.
And since I can't seem to post without pics, here's a couple of my pond and arbor.
In order to have a waterfall, the sitting area has to be higher.
We made the back wall using cement blocks. They were placed two high and staggered inward, filled with soil and planted with sedum. By mid summer it looks like a green wall!
The sitting area is made with broken concrete pieces with the spaces between filled with pea gravel.
The bench tops were made by using a plywood board and plastic landscape edging bent and screwed to the plywood to form a slight curve. then filled with concrete mix to desired height.
the bench legs were made with plastic kitchen waste containers filled with concrete mix and turned over.
Inexpensive but functional!

But back to the yard,
I have finished weeding all the flower beds, trimmed bushes, stained the deck, painted the front patio, and sealed the driveway!
I think the yard looks in good shape for the plant sale/garden tour.
I need to divide more plants, but it's getting too late in the season. But if my sale goes well, I'll need plants for next year!
For those interested, more pics from this years yard are here. our yard

5 comments:

  1. I had no idea you had such a large and amazingly beautiful yard. It looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you have a plant sale and a tour??? Oh man...I want to come!
    And you thought of and created those seats yourselves??? Damn, another amazing thing about you guys. It's absolutely beautiful. Just gorgeous. Really, you should send pictures of your work in to somebody...some magazine or something. It's beautiful.
    Is the inside of your house as well put together? Or are your talents limited to the outside?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:22 PM

    Your yard is truly amazing, Wayne. You guys should be so proud of what you have done. I know it is a great deal of work, but it definitely has a payoff. I'm sure it is relaxing to sit on your deck or look out your windows and enjoy the beautiful views of your yard and gardens. Good luck with your sale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:25 AM

    what a great yard, love the pond and your innovative benches. great idea!

    ReplyDelete