Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Free Rice

I ran across this on my sister's blog.
It's called Free Rice.
Play and feed the hungry.
I checked it out on Snopes and it's legit.
You play a word matching game,
and for every right answer,
they donate 10 grains of rice.
And the game is quite addictive!
The site started October 7th.
with only 830 grains donated.
And as of yesterday.....
3,403,520,350!
You might ask, who pays for the rice?
On each page you play,
there are sponsor ads at the bottom.
They pay to advertise on the pages.
So the more pages you play,
the more money they make to buy the rice!
So click here and play!.....Free Rice
have a little fun......
learn some more words.....
and help feed the hungry!
What could be easier?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks.
    What a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on another blog, and yes once you start, it is hard to stop. Great idea who ever came up with it.

    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cool.

    Ten grains doesn't sound very filling, though.

    And I'm really bad at trivia.

    So here's my idea: I'm going to go on a diet where I only allow myself to eat ten grains of rice for every correct trivia answer I get.

    I'll be a size two in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete