Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas!

The leaves have been late coming down this year. Probably due to our nice warm October. Then November has been wet and cold, with snow on Thanksgiving. So I was wondering if we'd get all the leaves up. But the snow finally melted and the temps stayed in the upper 30's
for a few days. So Craig did the final mowing.
(we don't rake, but have a mulching mower)
And I blew all the leaves off the deck
and outta the mo-ho storage area.
I also cleaned the eave troughs.
And it was barely enough time!
As Craig was finishing the mowing,
it started to snow.

And within an hour,
the ground was covered again.
But we got all the leaves up!
The long term forecast is calling for cold weather,
so we lucked out.
We also have the mo-ho parked for the winter.
We'll keep it plugged in with sonic
pest repelers to see if we can keep the mice out.
We also put in poison bait and spread moth balls in the engine area, all the basement storage, and around the tires.
Boy does that stuff stink!

We also decorated the inside for Christmas,
and cut down our tree.
A number of years ago,
I discovered a tiny evergreen tree
growing in one of my flower beds.
I potted it up and put it in my nursery.
After a couple of years,
we figured it was a spruce,
and planted it in the front side yard,
where it has become 6 ft. tall.
We decided it will not fit there as it gets larger,
so we decided it would be our Christmas tree this year!
Here's a pic with me and the tree.
Once I get it decorated,
I'll take pics of the house and yard.
And remember, click on the pics for a larger view!

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:45 AM

    We lost all our beautiful snow, and our leaves are finally coming down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the snow at Christmas but it's the price i pay living where I do. The tree looks like it will be very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i keep telling you to bring the moho to florida!!! it is lovely here...

    smiles, bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is certainly a long way from the flowers and nice green yard you posted all summer long! (It snowed here for about 15 minutes this morning....didn't stick)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good you could utilize your tree. I have my eye on one in my neighbors yard.;) We used to go cut cedars as a child in Arkansas. No one acts as if they have heard of using
    cedar now.lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:30 AM

    Most of the trees in Phoenix keep their leaves year round, but I have a large ash tree in my backyard that loses its leaves every year in early December. I hate the damn leaves. They get in all my Christmas lights and pool and the dogs track them all over the house. I would never get rid of the tree though because it's one the few tall trees that will grow in Arizona (other than palms).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:53 AM

    Most of our leaves came down last week during a rainy and windy afternoon. The tree looks ready for it's turn as a indoor celebrity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always feel bad about not being on top of the whole leaves thing... but you've geven me the answer. I need a mulching mower!

    It sounds like you've been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:08 PM

    You've had more snow so far than we have here...but I think that's about to change :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:55 AM

    We haven't seen snow in four years. lol.
    I sent Pat out to spread ant poison... :P

    *Hugs*

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay
    I sleep all night and work all day
    You know the rest right? ;)

    Steven

    ReplyDelete