Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Let's Eat!

For the most part, our weekend weather sucked!

Sunday and Monday was cold and dreary.
So what's a person to do in that kind of weather?
COOK and EAT!
So on Sunday,
Craig made a meatloaf.
And not just a simple meatloaf,
but a SUPER meatloaf!
Used Lean Ground Beef and Hot Italian Sausage.
Then added, shredded carrots
and shredded zucchini for added fiber and nutrients.
Craig spread the mixture on waxed paper,
and added a cheese filling.
Rolled it up and placed it in a casserole dish.
Baked at 350 for 1 1/4 hrs.
Topped it with a mushroom and tomato paste
glaze for the last 15 minutes,
and a delicious dinner!
YUMMY!












Then...........
on Monday......













Craig fixed an amazing
Turkey Pie!

Started out with lean ground turkey,
added onions,mushrooms

and cream cheese.
spooned it into a casserole dish
pre-lined with a dough crust.
Topped with cottage cheese,
Parmesan cheese, mixed with an egg.
Baked at 350 for an hour.

Then garnished with Green onions,
tomatoes, and shredded cheese, And another Tasty meal!
Now on Tuesday,
the weather turned great!
Mid 60's!
So , we mowed the leaves, (I don't rake!)
put away the temp deck, the gas grill,
and the deck furniture.

We're moving closer toward the long winter!

Here's a pic of fall in the back yard,
and 2 of my Japanese Maples.

9 comments:

  1. at least you are eating really good! ha ha

    smiles, bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:16 PM

    Those two dishes look and sound delicious. Do you have any more explicit measurements? (on the ingredients!! on the ingredients!!) ;)

    (Seriously.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Lemuel" Send me your e-mail address, and I'll get Craig to write up the recipies. He makes most things from his head. Doesn't use standard recipies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:32 AM

    The food looks "great" ... you've got a chef living with you.

    My mouth was just watering, as I imagined the taste. I know Steve (my partner) would love the meatloaf.

    Send us the listing of ingredients...ummmm good! :-)

    Steve and Warren
    ourviewonsuperior@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:13 AM

    Alright! I love new recipes--and I've never tried rolling cheese into a meatloaf before. Gonna try it--definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeeyummmmm! Now I'm so hungry!!! That looks so good.

    I like the bright color of the red leaves, sort of the last goodbye before winter.

    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  7. frak - now I'm hungry.
    craig is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't rake either and don't you just love the Japanese Maples? We have a large one in the back yard and it was a big positive when we bought this house. Enjoy it while you can. BTW all the food sounded fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you guys go through a lot of shredded carrots. :)

    I LOVE hot Italian sausage!

    ReplyDelete