Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Friday, March 28, 2008

it's not funny

No Funny Friday today. I'm not in the mood.
I was right. No early spring this year.
Not even a regular spring this year.
Maybe we'll get no spring this year.
Today's March 28th. And as you can see from
the pic, it snowed last night.
We've been averaging about 15 degrees
below normal all month.
Our Daffodils should be in full bloom in 2 weeks.
I haven't even seen them poking thru the ground yet.
So I'm in a real funk! I know spring will eventually come, But winter's already too long to start with. And now our short summer will be even shorter! The snow started last November, and next week is April. That means 5 months of winter! We're suppose to have 4 seasons. Not 1 major and 3 minor ones!
I guess your noticing I hate winter!
But then I know of only one reader I have that likes winter,(Janna) and I think she needs meds anyway.(hehe)
So I'm done with today's rant.
Soon, spring will be here.
Soon, I'll be a happy camper again.
Soon, I hope.
Soon.....

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:07 AM

    Spring is only 2 weeks long in Alaska. ;)
    The first snow in Alaska is usually October.
    Plant crocus. They like snow.

    It's supposed to be 80 here today. o.0

    We are overdue for snow in winter. :|

    Hope you guys have a good weekend. We leave tomorrow for Georgia. :)

    *hugs*

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:14 AM

    Hey Wayne, why not try a little winter camping. It is doable. I did it in Montreal for 2 years, John and Derek have been doing it. True it does provide challanges, but can be fun also. Anyway, so sorry to hear about the bad weather there. My partner Marc is having the same weather in Montreal. Guess it is attributed to Global Warming. Bummer....but...if any consulation, you are confirming for me, the reasons I moved to San Diego. (Sorry, not trying to rub it in, just makes me appreciate the weather here, a little more..in reading your blog)
    Ken, San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the faith, man! All good things must come to an end, ... and so must the bad. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you freakin believe that it snowed AGAIN last night! ARGH!!! I USED to like the winter...or more, not give a darn...but this year, I've had enough!
    Ben didn't think that your truck was real in that picture. He said that it looked like it had paint on it and so he didn't think it was real. hehe
    I told him...oh no, that is real. That is Uncle Wayne and Uncle Craig's truck and they live where it snows too. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! I am with you on this one Wayne, I posted about this yesterday. I am so sick of this winter and there are no signs here of it going away anytime soon! Aaaaaagh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, Wayne, that winter is hanging around so long. I hate winter too! Also sorry I haven't visited in a while... but I'll try to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i absolutely hate the cold. the warmer the better for me. hoping for a quick change for you my friend!

    smiles, bee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I AM SO OVER THIS WINTER CRAPOLA

    Feeling your pain here in the Arctic Circle....

    I'm guessing we're skipping "real spring" this year and go from winter to blazing hot unbearable summer weather. Aren't I a bundle of cheer?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:12 AM

    Don't feel too bad. we had snow here in Vancouver today as well. it didn't really stick but this is the end of March in Vancouver, we should all be in shorts by now... LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, all the optimists will remind you that this will only make the warm weather and the blooming flowers that much sweeter!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, all the optimists will remind you that this will only make the warm weather and the blooming flowers that much sweeter!!

    ReplyDelete