Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

It's Spring!

Today was an excellent day! We were actually able to go outside without freezing to death!
It hit 48 degrees! (but still below normal)
So, we took advantage of it and did a couple of things.
First, we turned the mo-ho around and backed in in to the driveway, (there's a lot less traffic on Sunday) so we'll be ready to take off on our first trip in a couple of weeks (YAAAAA!) We also took the snow tires off Craig's PT Cruiser,
(let's hope the snow's pretty much done!)
and then we put out the fake deck on the back patio.
As you can see in the pics,
we have a piece of concrete
outside our back patio door.
We've tried sealing it,
painting it, patching it,
and nothing looked very good.
So we found this portable decking.
It comes in these sections that snap together.
We stained them to match the deck.
Had to take a break half way through
due to a rain storm, but was able
to finish it up later.
Doesn't it look great?
Look closely, and you'll see there is
still snow in the back yard.
We also put more stuff in the mo-ho.

So things are looking up!
We've also noticed Daffodils and Hyacinths coming up.
So spring is finally on it's way!




7 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:38 AM

    It does indeed look good. Mom was saying something about getting to 60 today? :)

    *hugs*

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *does* feel good to get out and work a bit. I did a bit myself although it was cool here too.

    I am intrigued by your decking. Is it something that you take in each fall and put down each spring? Would you share where you got it and the brand name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good. I'm glad your getting a bit of a reprieve from your cold weather. For me, last night was the first time this year I had to have the AC. So summer is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well well, this is a far cry from the hatred you were crying the other day when it was snowing. Glad to see things are looking up! And, I must admit, that when I looked at my alarm clock this morning at 5:30am, I just knew that you would have been up by now. And I just rolled over and went back to sleep. See what effect you have on me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was at the house yesterday and saw my daffs peeking up through the still frozen soil. I think that the closing on the house (the 12th) will happen before they bloom, however...
    :(
    Hope the new owners appreciate all those bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wayne,
    I just found your blog and as I was looking thru the older post I found you garden pictures! It's wonderful! I can't wait to see the ones you post this year. Hope you have a good Spring.
    -Randy

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look similar to clickable tiles you can use indoors....Looks great Wayne...Good job!...xox

    ReplyDelete