Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Almost ready


We've just about got the mo-ho ready for our first trip.
Here's a pic for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
For pics of the inside, look here.

I spent Monday putting the bedding and towels back in.
Trickle charged the dump battery.
We use a Macerator pump to empty our holding tanks.
And to power it, it has 2 alligator clips we attach to a 12 volt battery.
Put fresh batteries in the Carbon Monoxide Detector and the Smoke Detector, and the TV, DVD, and VCR remotes.
Then it was time to check all the tires for proper inflation. Under inflated tires will blow quickly with all the weight they have to carry. So upon checking, they were all about 75-77 and should be between 83-85. So I got out our little air compressor, and started filling them. In no time the compressor quit. I blew a fuse. replaced the fuse and it blew again. So when all else fails, read the directions. ( I'm always putting things together before I read directions)
Apparently I can't use this on high pressure things like big tires.
Now I don't understand that because I used this same one all last year!
But it clearly wasn't working this year.
So off to TSC for a bigger one.
And here's a pic of the little beauty.
This baby has it all!
Besides being a powerful compressor,
it has a rechargeable battery,
And a 12volt DC output.
Next weekend we will un-winterize
the water system, (it's currently full of RV antifreeze)
and then we'll be ready for our first trip
to St Louis MO!

10 comments:

  1. if you want to come to podunk this summer the traveling bells have a lovely campground there on a lake. lots of fun!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing the kind of pressure tires like that need to function well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The open road is calling isn't it?
    I read about the macerator...ew

    hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:54 PM

    We go to Tractor Supply all the time, will have to look for one of those.

    Bob is home! :)

    Hope your week is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I know you guys are rip raring and ready to go on a road trip. I have to ask... what kind of gas mileage does the MOHO get? I would love to have one some day, but I'm not sure I could afford the gas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are still under snow snow snow and more snow!

    Get your MOHO running
    Head out on the highway
    Looking for adventure......

    Born to be wiiiiiild! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ANY excuse to go shopping, right?
    You can't take me to TSC during the spring - I drool all over the baby chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know you must be excited. Hopefully it will be warmer in St. Louis!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can almost feel your excitement. I hope you have a great time all summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aweee I wanna come!!
    You always have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete