Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, May 26, 2008

the holiday weekend

So far, our weekend has been busy. Saturday, I edged the driveway and sealed the cracks.
Dug up a few more surprises for the plant sale, and did some more weeding. Sunday, was sealing the driveway. We usually get by with 2-5 gal buckets of sealer, but this year I came up 6 ft short of being done. So it was back to Menard's for 1 more bucket to finish the job. The gardens are filling in nicely so far, despite our cooler than normal spring. Should look pretty good for the sale next Sunday. Craig made his delicious Potato Salad to go with our Grilled Chicken for dinner. Yummy!
And here's a couple of pics of 2 of my Tree Peonies. The first one is called Peppermint Candy, and I have no idea what the second one is, but they are beautiful!


So now it's back out in the yard! More weeding to do!

3 comments:

  1. This whole "owning a house" thingie keeps throwing new things at me. hehe I'm probably the oldest learner ever. I didn't know you could 'seal' a driveway. We desperately need to do this. I've been out with weed killer trying to get the weeds gone from the cracks. I'll bet sealing the cracks would work better. lol I was thinking we needed to have a whole new driveway laid. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:27 PM

    They are beautiful, yeah.
    I need to find out about that sealing the driveway, too. I get tired of weeding it.

    *hugs*

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...we're on the same wave length here. Just about two hours ago, I was looking out the front dining room window and remarking how our four Tree Peonies are growing so well, but I don't see any buds in them yet. They are two years old. And actually had blooms last year.

    ReplyDelete