Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Before and after

I have a before and after picture to show you today. I posted earlier this spring about taking out a couple of flower beds. These were around a fountain, out in the middle of the yard. The flowers never seemed to do real good in the all day sun, and the beds were always very weedy, and I needed to cut down on some of the yard work now with all our summer mo-ho trips.
So here's the results.

The pics look a little different because the top pic was taken last spring, and the bottom just yesterday, later in the year. But I think you'll agree, the fountain is now more of a focal point, and the lack of flower beds there, opens up the yard and draws the eye out to the rest of the yard.

Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

7 comments:

  1. It is interesting how well you captured the first shot in the second. You can stick to your story. I agree with you. In the first shot the flower beds are very pretty, but they hide the fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pictures look lovely, but I see your point, sometimes less is more!
    Have a great remainder of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:27 PM

    Looks great, Bro! :)

    *hugs*

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:24 PM

    Wayne, you have a beautiful yard and I just don't see how you have time to take care of it! You guys are always on the go!

    Mark and Craig

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:47 AM

    I know your yard and gardens are a lot of work, but the pictures show that all the hard work is definitely worth it. Your yard is beautiful! It looks so serene and peaceful--and it's yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definately think you're right about the fountain! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a beautiful space. You need a couple of big dogs back there Wayne.

    ReplyDelete