Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas time

Just a quick post this morning.
I took a few pics on the way to and from the cocktail party we went to last night at Harem. It was fun. Food drinks and conversation. The main shopping district is one block from the capitol. They put a stupid round-a-bout in the intersection. But they decorate it nicely during the year. And for Christmas, they put these ginormous ornaments there. Looked nice. And they've got white lights lining the tops of all the buildings. Very festive.
And on the way home, I took a pic of the state Christmas tree.

You can see it in front of the capitol, and just past the ginormous ornaments.

Here's a closer pic. I don't care for led Christmas lights. The yellows don't show up as much as the blue. They just don't look right.
And now it's time to get ready for work. I've got to be there by 7am. Have a good day!

2 comments:

  1. I can't decide about the LED lights. It's love/hate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pix! I love state capitals (and capitols) having grown up in one. But I've never been to Lansing. Maybe one of these days!

    ReplyDelete