Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Friday, January 08, 2010

winter

Good morning. It's currently 18 out going for a high of 21. The storm that blew through yesterday and last night left us with about 4 inches of snow. But as usual the radio made it sound like it was going to be worse, so we had numerous cancellations. I lost half my customers yesterday. And since my last one didn't cancel until an hour before her appointment, it's a good thing I took my laptop to work. One of the other stylist and I played a new game I downloaded, the Mirror Mysteries. It's a hidden object game with a story. Entertaining and passes the time. The upside to all those cancellations? I got to go home early. And traffic was crawling. You'd think people in Michigan would know how to drive in the snow. But why would I think that? It seems most people don't know how to drive period! And as we were out of town part of the weekend, we didn't get enough food made for leftovers, so Lean Cuisine to the rescue. They have some tasty little meals. Of course I have to eat 2 since they are so small. ;-)
And as soon as I get done with this post, I need to bundle up and get the driveway cleared before I head to work this morning. And of course, I'll need to get there early to damp mop the floors. And I'll be working late today as people who canceled yesterday, will be calling when they realize we're not buried in snow. Don't you just love winter. But that's how it goes.
So stay warm, and I'll see you later.

1 comment:

  1. You guys must have really had some wind, looks like the snow has blown this way :) Take care out there - G

    ReplyDelete