Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

6-8 really means 12

Good morning.
Once again, the weekend is over. Yesterday, I did some more house cleaning, worked on the puzzle, and made a tasty barbecued chicken dinner with noodles Alfredo, and broiled marinated asparagus. I also called on the status of our Consumers Energy rebate for our new furnace. Craig submitted the paperwork back on Nov. 30th. The paper said 6-8 weeks to process. I can't believe they're getting so many rebate requests, that it takes 6-8 weeks to get to yours. But anyway, after holding for 12 minutes, I finally got a live person on the line. She took my information, and put me back on hold. Fairly quickly, she came back and said mine had been processed, and I should receive it in about 4 weeks. 4 weeks to mail a stupid check? I didn't say that to her, but wanted to. So instead of 6-8 weeks, it'll take 12. At least they got it and it's working it's way through their system. Craig is always very good about writing down rebate info, such as the address, and phone number and the date he mailed it. And he makes copies of all the paperwork, just in case it gets 'lost'. I swear, companies tell you 8-10 weeks just so they hope you'll forget you ever even mailed it.
And this morning, I have to clear the driveway. We got a couple of inches of snow yesterday/last night. Then I need to get to the Salon to damp mop, and clean more of the grid. And all that's before I start work!
So I better get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment