Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, April 05, 2010

a beautiful day

Good morning,
We had another beautiful day yesterday. Not 70's but upper 60's, sunny and low wind, so spent the entire day working in the yard. Besides deadheading, weeding and trimming, I managed to dig, divide, and pot up 36 plants for my big sale in June. Mostly day lilies. They are just about the only thing 'up' enough to divide. But I have nearly 50 varieties, so I found plenty to divide. Craig did his usual laundry, book work and made us a delicious Easter dinner of ham, scalloped potatoes, scalloped corn, and of course deviled eggs. We almost ate them all before I thought to take a pic.
Now the only reason for the pic is for Garret and the post he did about making deviled eggs. Or should I say about making hard boiled eggs. Yes, there's a ton of different ways to boil and egg, and still, you may not get easily peel-able eggs. So long ago, Craig decided that this would be his method for making hard boiled eggs.....

Buy em that way! Now why didn't someone think of this years ago! It would have saved a lot of people much grief! Yes, look in the upper right corner, they're $2.79 for 10 eggs, but Craig says it's well worth it for not having the hassle. And you have deviled eggs in no time flat!
So that was our day, and it was great! Good weather, good food, and a productive day.

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea you could buy eggs this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen eggs like this. I'm eating a lot of them now while on Atkins so perhaps this would be a better idea for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:59 AM

    Gee, first time I had ever seen that. Did not know them came that way. Right now I have about a dozen hard boiled eggs in my refrigerator that are next to impossible to peel and wondering what I am going to do with them....thanks for the heads up, I will look for those, next time.
    Ken from Tampa

    ReplyDelete