Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

yard work

Good morning.
I wasn't sure I'd be able to make this post. My Internet connection has been acting up. But right now, I'm on.
I didn't get much done on Sunday, It was cloudy, cold and just plain icky, but I went out and picked up branches from the last windy day we had and got the idea some would make good kindling for a future trip campfire. So I wasted a lot of time sorting through them, getting fairly straight ones and trimming them to size.
But now I have 2 bundles of nice various size branches that will be good for fire starting.
I also checked the tire pressure on the mo-ho and the tow car and car caddy, and filled the water on the 'house' batteries.
Dinner was a roasted turkey breast with scalloped potatoes and asparagus.
Now Monday was more productive. A little warmer, (66) and partly sunny, so Craig mowed, while I cut down. I got the entire bed next to the pond cleaned out. It actually feels good to get started on the yard.
For dinner we had pork cutlets on the grill, butternut squash and baked potato.
Today, it's flu shots, banking and groceries, and maybe some more cutting, we'll see.
And i have several grasses that are starting to 'bloom'.


Fountain grass around the tree, and Japanese Silver grass at the end of the driveway.
Another grass at the edge of the house. Don't know the name.
Well, that's it for now....

3 comments:

  1. Our nightly lows are still in the 70s. Been wet here the last couple days. And apparently the rest of the week too.
    Yard looks good, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful grasses! You're making me feel guilty about neglecting my yard work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. davidz3:38 AM

    your yard is always so beautiful

    ReplyDelete