Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, December 06, 2010

another weekend for me!

Good morning.
Saturday ended very busy at work, and after we got home, it was time to relax.
We decided on home made nachos for dinner. I was stuffed!
Sunday morning, I cleaned the salon as usual, and after Craig got up, we went out to Kohl's. I needed a pair of pants for work. And since I'm on their e-mail list, I had a coupon for an additional 15% off everything, so I decided to look at winter coats also.
I found myself this little gem.


A hooded faux leather jacket. Regularly $140, on sale for $79. Take an additional 15% off and I paid $67.15. A pretty good price!
Now if you've ever shopped at Kohl's you know to never buy anything there at regular prices. I mean, they have everything on sale at some point. And there's no way that coat was worth 140 bucks. But is it nice and warm!
Anyway, back home, Craig did his usual laundry and bookwork, and I did a little dusting and cleaning. And I mean a little. Just couldn't get motivated. Winter weather has gripped us tight, and I'm just not accepting that well. Maybe I have Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), maybe I should get one of those lights. :-)

So anyway, the day went by quickly, (don't days off always fly by?) and it was dinner time. We fixed those wonderful spicy sweet pork cutlets with roasted garlic basil potatoes and marinated asparagus. It was very yummy and we made enough for leftovers later in the work week. And, our Michigan State Spartans will be playing on New Years Day in Orlando at the Capitol One Bowl. They'll be playing against Alabama, whose head coach, Nick Sabin, was States coach some years back. He dumped State for more money and LSU. Then dumped LSU for the pros. Didn't do well there and now back in college sports at Alabama where he's paid a ridiculous amount of money. They did win the national championship last year, but have 3 loses this year. It should be a great game!

And that's all I got!

4 comments:

  1. That is a really nice coat. And dinner looks great!

    I've never shopped at Kohl's. Don't think I've even been in one. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dinner looks awesome. I love when you post pictures. ;-)

    Nice jacket. You get a fail cause you didn't model it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing so many advertisements for Kohl's lately....lucky you! Those potatoes looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll probably be stoned for this but I hope you guys beat Alabama! The Alabama fans here are so obnoxious and like you said, they pay Saban way too much money. Too much emphasis is placed on sports in this state while we are always at the bottom in education. Don't get me started! :)

    ReplyDelete