Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

spring maintenence

Good morning.
Our wonderful summer like weather continues.  :-) It hit 84 yesterday, and forecast for 88 today. Should only be 48. Unfortunately, I won't be able to enjoy it. There's this thing called work. And I've got a full day today, so will have to enjoy it from afar.
Tuesday while we were doing are usual running, we stopped at Hammond Farms. A landscape center, where I picked up some pond clarifier to keep the water clear, and algicide, to keep away algae. Back home, treated the pond. I also sprayed the paths for quickly sprouting weeds. Repaired a walkway where some pavers were being pushed up. Discovered a big root which I chopped out and re-set the pavers.Did some more trimming, and a little weeding.
Craig finished doing our taxes and making copies. He'll mail them on the way to work this morning.
We also got a quote for removing a large dead tree in the back corner of the yard. $850.00.  I thought it was a bit on the expensive side so I'll get a couple more estimates before we decide.
And to finish, here's some pics I took....
A clump of Hellebore's.
The Hyacinth's are just beginning to bloom,
more daffodils.
And a Forsythia bush.
And with that time to get ready for what looks to be a very busy week.

1 comment:

  1. I remember Granny's forsythia bush.
    Your garden looks great already. It's loving the unseasonably warm weather.
    Hope work treats you well today!

    ReplyDelete