Wednesday, March 21, 2012

spring maintenence

Good morning.
Our wonderful summer like weather continues.  :-) It hit 84 yesterday, and forecast for 88 today. Should only be 48. Unfortunately, I won't be able to enjoy it. There's this thing called work. And I've got a full day today, so will have to enjoy it from afar.
Tuesday while we were doing are usual running, we stopped at Hammond Farms. A landscape center, where I picked up some pond clarifier to keep the water clear, and algicide, to keep away algae. Back home, treated the pond. I also sprayed the paths for quickly sprouting weeds. Repaired a walkway where some pavers were being pushed up. Discovered a big root which I chopped out and re-set the pavers.Did some more trimming, and a little weeding.
Craig finished doing our taxes and making copies. He'll mail them on the way to work this morning.
We also got a quote for removing a large dead tree in the back corner of the yard. $850.00.  I thought it was a bit on the expensive side so I'll get a couple more estimates before we decide.
And to finish, here's some pics I took....
A clump of Hellebore's.
The Hyacinth's are just beginning to bloom,
more daffodils.
And a Forsythia bush.
And with that time to get ready for what looks to be a very busy week.

1 comment:

  1. I remember Granny's forsythia bush.
    Your garden looks great already. It's loving the unseasonably warm weather.
    Hope work treats you well today!

    ReplyDelete

Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.