Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Friday, May 18, 2012

My Friday post

Good morning.
Why a pic of my toilet? I'll get to that in a minute.  :-)
It's been a slow week at the Salon, but turned out, that has been good. During some of the down time, I was able to run to Sam's Club for Salon supplies and to another Salon supply place for other salon supplies.
And out of the blue, I received a call form a stylist, looking to rent a chair. Now you know, I just rented our last chair 3 weeks ago. It's the first time in 15 years, we've had all the chairs filled. 15 years!  And now, I get another person who wants to rent a chair. Fortunately, Craig and I had already talked about such a possibility. So I met her at a bar in our plaza to discuss it. She didn't want to come to the Salon, as she doesn't want anyone else to know. Not yet anyway. And after talking with her, I understood why. And I'll have to wait to tell you because I know I have customers who read this blog. Anyway, I think she'd be a good addition to our Salon, so we've decided to move Craig one chair over and he'll share a chair with another stylist. She's part time, and works just Mon-Wed, 8-3. Craig normally works Wed-Sat. So he'll need to adjust his hours on Wed to start at 3 instead of 11. So that will give us 9 stylists and a nice boost in Salon profits. And since we only have storage cabinets in the back room for 8 stylist to keep their supplies, I took some of the other gaps in my schedule to do some good sorting and cleaning out of stuff that's accumulated over the last 15 years and was able to open up a storage cabinet previously used for Salon supplies for the new stylist to use. It felt very cleansing to throw out all that 'stuff'.  :-)
Okay, back to the toilet.
I discovered one morning, that one of the brackets that hook the seat to the base broke. So during one of my breaks at work, I ran out and bought a new seat. I installed it this morning, and I too often don't have a pic for my post, so there it is.  :-)
And now I'm off to work for what looks to be a fairly busy last 2 days.

2 comments:

  1. *dances in excitement for you*
    Congratulations on adding a new Stylist. I was thinking maybe one of you would just retire to open the spot, but you worked it out fine.

    More sleeping in time for Craig. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't know you had that many stylists. Time to retire!

    ReplyDelete