Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

what was that?

Good morning.
It ended up being a busy Friday and Saturday in the Salon. I did get out early enough Friday to do a little weeding in the gardens, and Saturday, I came home, got a cocktail, and relaxed on the deck. The weather has been wonderful this week, with temps near 80.
I also discovered this one morning while watering the pots...

Scattered white fir and smashed daffodil in the top pic, and about 3 ft from that is a smashed hosta. It looked like a case for CSI. (Craig scene investigation)
After some careful sleuthing, Craig determined the fir was from a possum, and most likely an owl pounced on it on the daffodils, didn't get a good enough hold and dropped it on the hosta, and it probably scurried into the nearby arborvitaes.  The hosta should re-leaf. Time will tell.
And with that, I'm off to clean the Salon. It's going to be a beautiful day, and I plan to be very productive. I'll let you know how I do.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. I like CSI. Your version is a lot better. :o)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete