Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Saturday, June 09, 2012

No, I'm not a doctor.

Good morning.
Well, I found out I don't make a good doctor.
After work yesterday, I decided to go to an urgent care facility, because the leg was still warm,  sore, swollen, and red. I was concerned about possible infection. Turned out, I irritated the bursae and caused trauma to a tendon. I was seriously inflamed. Working all day on Wednesday, and 10 hours on Thursday, on my feet, was not a good thing.
So he gave me a prescription for extra strength Ibuprofen (800mg), for the inflammation, and an antibiotic for possible infection. And was told to stay off the feet as much as possible. Fortunately, I have a very light day today. Just 3 customers who are all cut and color. Should have plenty of time to rest in between. Then I have 3 days to help recovery.
It's not going to be easy just sitting around thinking about everything I need to do, but the quicker this thing heals up, the quicker I'll be back doing what I want/need to do.  So after today, I'll do nothing but sit and rest my leg.
In other news.....
Also after work yesterday, before the urgent care facility, I took Craig out to the Hyundai dealer to pick up his new car. Once we signed all the papers and wrote them a check, I took off for the doctor, letting the salesman show him all the  special things this new car came with.
And her he is, the proud daddy of a shiny red Hyundai Accent SE Hatchback..........


And now, I'm off to elevate my leg for a bit before I shower and head to work.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the car purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone knows red cars go faster. Watch out for the cops! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:35 AM

    Nice looking car! I envy that new car smell.

    MikeInDallas

    ReplyDelete