Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

spring creeps forth

Good morning.
Spring continues it's slow arrival.
I've just returned from cleaning the salon, and it's a chilly 37 out, going for a high of only 46.  :-(
Why are the crappy days always the ones when I'm off. 
Anyway, it was a busy week in the salon.
Here's a pic of what's left of the tree in the front yard....
The brown stuff around the stump is ornamental fountain grass. I'll need to dig it up and transplant it before they come to grind the stump.
And here's what's currently blooming in the garden....


As you can see, I've got a lot of flower bed clean-up to do yet.
And this is why....
I've got one big damn back yard and many years ago I got carried away putting in flower beds that now encompass the entire perimeter of the back yard. But I've been slowly downsizing them to a manageable size.
You can't see it in this last pic, but the latest downsizing is happening just to the other side of the pond. I'll take some pics when I get a chance.
I read in the paper this past week, the great lakes were still 36% covered in ice. That's the latest ever they've been this covered this late in the year. That's one of the reasons for our cold spring.
Soooo, we've had a record cold winter, a record cold spring, a record ice cover, and they are trying to tell me it's global warming. Hmmmm. I'm not so sure.
Now time to get going on my weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Exactly!
    But the Earth is overdue for an ice age. ;-)
    The flower beds were great when you had the energy for them. Now that you are thinking of moving, it makes sense to downsize them.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete