Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

April showers bring May flowers

Good morning.
It's been raining most of the night and into this morning. We have received about 1/2 inch of rain. That's good since April showers bring May flowers.....Oh wait, it's already May. You wouldn't know it looking outside. Most of the trees haven't even budded yet. My Snowball bush is just starting to 'green' up. But as slow as it is, spring is here.  :-)
And the rain will be good for the grass seed I planted yesterday, as long as it doesn't rain too hard and wash the seed away. I also weeded a couple of flower beds, and I continue on the slow, long, process of elimination. I filled another big garbage bag of junk that has filled my shed over the years. I can't believe all the crap I've kept.
I'm glad I've started as early as I have. It'll probably take me 2 years to clean everything out. I haul all the stuff to the dumpster we have at work. We share it with another mall tenant, and it's picked up every other week. I don't want to hog it so I take most of my stuff in the day before it's emptied, which is tomorrow. So since it's only emptied every other week, I wait until a couple of days before to tell how much I can take in, and fill bags accordingly.
I also managed to make another batch of Kale chips this morning, and now it's time to get ready for another work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment