Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day

Good morning.
I'd like to start out this memorial Day by remembering those who gave their lives for our country.
 It's been a beautiful sunny weekend with temps in the 70's.
Saturday morning, I sealed the driveway, then for a treat, we had lunch at Reno's.
I worked in the yard in the afternoon, while Craig did laundry and paperwork.
Sunday, after cleaning the Salon and after our walk, we started the long process of cleaning out the garages. I can't believe all the stuff we've accumulated over the last 28 years. I'm glad we're starting this process way before it's time to retire and move. We also burned up another bunch of branches and dead shrubs.
And here's some pics of the yard....
Freshly stained deck.
A view of the backyard from the back patio.
The bed along the back of the house I downsized last year with the Contorted Filbert I trimmed up in the middle and the weeping Japanese Maple at the far end. It looks good from this angle. It's the other side that's gone.
The pond.
A view down the new grass walk way.
And another view of the pond.
Now time to go and enjoy the day.

1 comment:

  1. It all looks good!
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete