Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

weekend in review

Good morning.
Well, after 2 days of nearly non-stop rain and a total of 1 3/4 inches, everything has really greened up!
And it looks like I really do have a lot of winter kill on many bushes and shrubs. I'll try and remember to take some pics next weekend before I start a massive pruning.
Sooooo, unable to work in the yard, we went shopping.
First off, was over to Home Depot where I had a $25 gift card thanks to my Coke Rewards.
I traded in 1700 points for a $25 gift card that I put toward a gallon of deck stain.
So if you drink coke products, and don't save the codes, send them to me!
 Then, it was over to Menard's, where they had driveway sealer on sale.

Picked up 4 buckets of sealer and 2 gallons of crack filler. Despite our brutal winter we had, the driveway looks pretty good this spring. Maybe because of all the work I did to it last year.
And I do seal it every year even though it says it has a 4 year warranty. My driveway is so old it needs all the help it can get.  :-)
So, I bet you know what I'll be doing Memorial Day weekend. Weather permitting of course.
And I have a small update on our hope to be house in Las Vegas.
I received an e-mail from our Realtor. She said the bank had an appraisal done late last week on the property. She said from that point it takes about 3 weeks for them to receive the value and then the bank usually responds shortly after that. She said she would keep me informed as she hears more.
So we continue to wait.  :-\
Now, it's time for another busy work week.
Oh, PS.....Craig had his physical, and appears he will live another year.  :-)
Mines next week.

1 comment:

  1. *sigh* Stupid Blogger.
    We've had two days of rain, too. Good for the garden, hopefully.
    Good luck with Las Vegas and your physical!

    ReplyDelete