Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, April 05, 2015

:-(

Good morning.
I've just returned from cleaning the Salon.
We ended up getting out of work earlier than expected Sat., so we headed over to Reno's for a late lunch an some relaxation.
That evening, our Spartans were booted out of the tournament.  :-(
But Wisconsin beat Kentucky, so we'll still have a Big Ten team playing for the title Monday.  :-)
Also, Friday morning, after my post, I decided I had time to replace the heating element in the oven. Looked at an online video, and it looked pretty easy. Got the old one out and the new one in. The odd thing was when I plugged it back in I got a large spark from the plug. But I turned the oven on and everything looked okay. It pre-heated to 325 and turned off. I opened the door to let it cool off while I took my shower.  Afterwards, the oven still felt quite warm, but I'm not sure how long it takes to cool down. But everything looked okay, so I closed the oven door and headed off to work. About an hour later, Craig finally gets up and calls me. I ask him to double check the stove, and he says it was it was very warm. Apparently, when the heating element burned out last week, it did something to the heating control. So even though I turned the nob off, the oven was still getting power, which would explain the spark I got plugging it in because it was really still on! Sooo, Craig unplugged it and we'll have to get a service tech out to fix it.  :-(
So for our dinner today, Craig will cook our ham in our electric roaster.
And that's it for now...

1 comment:

  1. That is kinda scary about the oven, just glad nothing bad happened. I am doing battle with our fridge, a repair man said he would come and fix it but never showed.

    ReplyDelete