Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

my house isn't worth crap!

Good morning.
It was a busy weekend. Monday morning, the tech showed up from TDS and determined the wire coming from the box by the road to the house was bad. So he ran a temporary wire and someone is suppose to come out later to bury it. We'll see.
The realtor also showed up and gave us a really thorough presentation. I was impressed. So far we've had 2 presentations, and I'm expecting a third sometime this week. Unfortunately, it's appearing our house isn't worth near as much as I was thinking it might be. I look at the house and see all the really good things about it and ignoring the important  negative things, like it's a really small house. And it's in an industrial zone.
Sooo, reality is setting in on what we can actually get for the house. I'm one of the many home owners who think their house is worth more than it really is.   :-(
Oh well, it is what it is.
And with the reality of maybe moving in the near future to an apartment, we are again going through closets and cupboards, really taking a hard look at what we want to move. And here's a bunch more stuff for the next sale.....
And I had already gone through the kitchen. At least I thought I did.  :-)
Tuesday, Craig mowed the yard, and I did more weeding and deadheading. We received another nearly 3 inches of rain between Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning. Fortunately, no bad storms or damage here.
Now, it's back to work.

2 comments:

  1. You are going to sell Granny's cookie press? I want it, please, if that is the case.
    Try searching online for houses like yours in your area and see what they are going for. Sadly, the housing market is down. We are in the same boat in NC. We have someone managing our property. They do a really good job for 10% of the rent.

    At least your house should be all profit.
    Have a good work week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I review appraisals at work and 90% of the time, the value comes in lower than the owner thinks it's worth.

    ReplyDelete