Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Sunday, March 06, 2016

and more on our recent trip

Good afternoon.
Well, I cleaned the Salon this morning. I went in late as I over slept. Which is unusual for me but I must have been a tired boy after working 11 hours Friday and 9 hours Saturday.  Glad for my weekend.  :-)
Now back in Vegas......
I ordered a couple of desks for Craig and I. The ones we have in the apartment are pretty cheap, and we wanted nicer ones for there.
I ordered them from Walmart.com and had them shipped site to store. That gave us a bigger window for pick-up after we got out there.
Here's a pick of the first one before I put it together.....
Parts all over the place.
And when assembled.....
A nice spacious desk!
I had to add a drawer for the keyboard and mouse. The drawers on the right is the night stand for the bed which I can use for extra storage since this is a spare bedroom. I apparently forgot to take a pic of the second desk, so that will have to wait until our next trip.
One night Craig wanted his delicious short-cut chili. It calls for a box of Chili Hamburger Helper, a can of chili beans, a can of diced tomatoes and a can of black olives.
Unfortunately we discovered we didn't have a can opener. So, I got creative and used tin snips....


Not pretty, but they worked.   :-)
We did go out the next day and bought a cheap can opener.
We also found these cute geckos that Craig would like to put on our wall outside. For now, I put them on the kitchen wall until we get approval from our HOA architectural review committee.
Hopefully, tomorrow I'll post about our trip to Hoover Dam.
Bye for now..

1 comment:

  1. The desk definitely looks good!
    You probably have real lizards there somewhere. We have them all over, down here, and we had them in NC, too.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete