Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

A lot of change

Good morning.
Wow! I hadn't realized I haven't posted since last Sat. So here goes.....
We've been walking every day. Sometimes twice a day. 
We finally got our flu shots. Had to wait for new insurance to kick in since we had to change all of that when we moved out here.
  And I've gone online to the healthcare.gov site and got insurance starting in Jan. Of course, That looks to all change now with this election. I'm sure I'll probably lose my subsidy, and that will make the insurance terribly expensive. I may have to go without insurance until I turn 65. But then, they might get rid of medicare too! At least my Social Security should be safe. Or will it?
Anyway, we'll deal with stuff as it happens.
We decided to have some bushes ripped out in front of our house.
Before, and after.
They were just too big and overgrown, even though I've tried to keep them a reasonable size.
Here they are cutting out all the branches before ripping out the trunks.
This was the same company that did our back yard. And as with the back yard, I was very happy with the results.
I had them plant 3 spreading red Lantana and they redid the drip irrigation for them and cleaned out the stones and re spread them. And you can actually see the huge boulder that was nearly swallowed by the 3 bushes.

You can't even tell they were ever there.  The Lantana should fill in the space nicely and I should be able to keep it trimmed and looking good.
Not much else going on.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, it does look better without those bushes.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:01 PM

    The red lantana should be really gorgeous.
    MikeInDallas

    ReplyDelete