Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Friday, July 07, 2017

hot and cooking

Good afternoon.
We're under another heat wave as temps today are forecast to tie a record at 114. That's pretty hot! But I went out this morning and did my walk in a nice 87 and 1% humidity.   :-)
 After my walk, I blew out all the dead leaves from the stones in the front yard and bagged them up. We have an African Sumac as our main tree in the front yard, and apparently in the early summer, it 'sheds' much of it's older leaves. I'm assuming it's a response to the heat. Kind of like when back in Michigan, pines lose old needles in the fall as a means to preserve moisture in the winter.
So despite the heat, I'm still able to enjoy part of the day outside. And, I still have yard work to do.   :-)
Here's a new dish we did last week.
Slow-Cooker Spicy Cheddar Chicken Cornbread
It was really good! Got it from the Betty Crocker website.
You can see the recipe here.....here
And here's a couple of pics from my walk this morning.... 
The pic didn't turn out good, but it's a light pink Crape Myrtle. Most I've seen are dark pink
And 3 flower stalks on these Desert Spoon Yuccas.
And now it's time to go over to the fitness center.    :-)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are enjoying your retirement.
    Something is wrong with your background. I suspect photobucket is wanting money.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete