Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Friday, June 22, 2018

tasty food and another project.

Good morning.
Just got back from my morning walk. Only did about 30 minutes, as I have a bum toe. I stubbed my little toe yesterday, and this morning it's all black and blue. So it's a bit sore to walk on.   :-/
A couple of days ago, I planned on having pork cutlets on the grill along with roasted veggies and long grain wild rice.
Well, when I thawed out the meat, I discovered it was chicken breasts.   :-/
I think I should start writing on the freezer bags what's inside. I do write the date I freeze it on the bag, so it doesn't sit in the freezer forever.
So... we had boneless skinless chicken breast's on the grill instead.   :-)
I love roasted veggies! They somehow taste sweeter that way.
And another day, I cleaned out our puters.....

I try to do this twice a year. Early Jan. and around July. I was surprised how little dust was in them this time. But keeping out the dust helps them run cooler and extends their life.
We also hit a high for the year so far at 112 yesterday. But even at that temp, we were able to sit out on our patio comfortably with our mister system. Low humidity makes a world of difference!
And in response to a couple of comments....
I don't know if those cargo planes were moving anything. We have Nellis Air Force Base in the eastern part of the valley, and planes are flying back and forth over our community as they fly to and from the training range to our north west. I'm assuming the big planes were in a training flight too. But of course, they don't tell us anything.   :-)
And it definitely was a rat Gene.  It doesn't look that big in the pic, but the body was a good 6 inches long without the tail.
Well, that's it for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment