Newest posts are first. Scroll down on the right to see a list of Archive posts and also subject posts.

Monday, November 05, 2018

Last week recap

Good morning.
Got back from my walk. A nice cool 52 out this morning  going for a sunny high of 78.   :-)
Here's the latest apple pie I made last week.....
This one I did a pecan crumble topping. A nice little addition. And here's the sunrise on the Sheep Mountains last Saturday as I was going to the fitness center.....
 I've been going to the fitness center every Saturday for a while now. Trying to tone up the body, and Saturday's aren't busy like during the week. I usually do some free weights, some of the machines, and sometimes the elliptical. Sometimes I walk to the fitness center and back and skip the elliptical. It's about a 15 minute walk each way.
And yesterday, while we were out on the patio, 2 hummers came in and had quite the battle.

They must have spent several minutes going at each other. At least long enough for me to take out my phone and snap a few pics. I often see one chasing another out of the yard. They are very territorial, but I've never seen the other staying and fighting like these 2 did. And they seemed totally oblivious to Craig and I being less that 10 feet away.
And while I'm showing pics, here's the latest change to my little yard.....
I took out the Crape Myrtle, and replaced it with a Blue Point Juniper. 2 reasons....
One, As I've seen all over our community, the leaves get burned during the heat of the summer, so the bush always looks like it's half dead, even when flowering. Second, as the Bougainvillea and Bells of Fire get larger, I didn't want a crowded look. So The vertical Juniper should add some nice color/texture to the yard, without looking overgrown and crowded.  At least, that's what I'm saying right now...   :-)   We'll see if that holds true next year.   :-)
And of course, my latest puzzle......
This on took some time. It was a nice challenging puzzle.
Also last week, we got all the windows inside and out and wood blinds cleaned. That was a 3 day job.
Everything gets so dusty here. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, we do live in a desert! And it does get quite windy here. But.......I still wouldn't trade it for back in Michigan!   :-)

1 comment:

  1. Nice scenery. Everything looks good. Nice puzzle, too!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete